One of our signature offerings at Shakti Aerial Yoga is Moon Mystics, nurturing a connection with Moon energy and connecting with the cosmos. We are all cosmic beings and are made of elements that make up the universe. It would be an absurd assumption that the energy of the cosmos has no effect on us, especially the moon as it is the closest celestial energy to us. Ancient civilizations have revered the moon, the sun, and the stars. Even today many of the farmers plant based on the movement of the moon.
In our race of urbanization we have moved away from the natural elements and have in a way disconnected from the very essence of existence. Moon Mystics at Shakti Aerial Yoga is a way for us to bring us back to that power, that connection, and feel the energy course through our being.
Like any practice, to feel its connection, its benefits it is essential that we practice consistently. To establish a practice, one of the main ways is to practice rituals. RITUAL is defined as “a way of doing something in which the same actions are done in the same way every time.” Our well being when we look at it very carefully, is rooted firmly in nature. Changing of seasons, Ayurvedic ways, herbalism to lunar cycles, and the natural world around us is part of a wholesome lifestyle.
New moon is the perfect time in the Lunar cycle to begin the process of connecting to the energies of the moon. An established practice and rituals lead to connecting with the Lunar cycle. The New Moon phase is a perfect time for a reset. Darkness of the night sky in the new moon phase helps us check in with ourselves and consider what we would like to grow within ourselves much like the growing of the moon to its fullest. New moon is like a blank canvas where we are free to paint and write a new vision for ourselves. and planting new seeds of intention.
New Moon Ritual
We recommend creating a sacred space for yourself, a space that is completely yours to take care of.
You will need your Journal, pen, water, and a white candle.
- Embrace the darkness. Darkness of the new moon is sacred, it gives you an opportunity to look deep within your dark places as well. Cleanse your sacred space, light a candle, sip your favorite tea. put your phones and electronic devices away dim the lights,
- Meditate, find stillness that will give clarity. It is important that in the days preceding the New moon you have taken time to consider what is working and not working in your life.
- What are your intentions for the next 28 days? Remember, there is nothing wrong, trust your intuition and what rises within you. Keep your heart open and feel it within your body.
- Once you have clarity on your intention, write it down. You might have a flow when you begin writing, let it flow, it is very important to allow for it to flow freely and for you to simply write it down. Keep writing till the energy is felt, the feeling of excitement grows, and the joy in your heart expands. You will know when it is right when the feeling of it is alive in your body.
- Only guideline is to keep it positive, make sure it includes what you wish to release, and who or what you want to welcome in your life.
- Once you have set your intention, cleanse your sacred space and energy of the room with burning cleansing incense or herbs. Invite the smoke to envelope your body starting at your feet to the top of your head. Cleansing your aura of all attachments that you want to release.
- While cleansing your aura recite the following (bhuta shuddhi) adapted from Isha Yoga
May my feet be cleansed, that they might take me where I most need to be.
May my heart be cleansed, that I might hear its messages clearly.
May my throat be cleansed, that I might speak rightly when words are needed.
May my hands be cleansed, that they create beautiful things.
May my eyes be cleansed, that I might see the signs and wonders of the world.
May this person and space be washed clean by the smoke of these fragrant plants.
And may that same smoke carry my prayers, spiraling, to the heavens.
- Allow the smoke to cleanse your entire sacred space
- Take a seat facing north, place your water in a glass vessel and candle in front of you. Light the candle, and if you work with crystal energies now is the time to incorporate them.
- Bring awareness to your breath, find the rhythm of your breath.
- Visualize the light from the candle grow with each inhalation, with each exhalation visualize if enveloping you like a bubble.
- state your intention verbally, feel your intention coming true in your body, visualize how it feels whatever it is you are intending to put out into the universe as it comes back to you.
- Visualize it as it has already happened
- Continue to stay seated, focussed on intention, the feelings it brings you.
- After a few minutes open your eyes gently.
The simple act of finding clarity about your intentions, making space for them and honoring them, and feeling what they will translate as in the universe is a wonderful way to also detach from the outcome.
Make this a Ritual for every New moon, consistency is the key. Soon it will become a habit, almost like brushing your teeth. You will notice an immense shift in how your mind, body and soul connect to the energies of the moon.
Join us for full moon mystical gathering and ritual every month.